spotifi

Finally figuring out a story

 So far, I haven't put too much attention on the actual story of the piece, so I'm going to talk more about that in this blog post.

A while ago, I started developing the look of the film by searching for visual content that I thought would match what I wanted to make. A lot of it was very surreal and experimental looking, so I knew that the piece would most likely tackle more psychological topics. 

While I knew the visual look that I wanted to achieve, I didn't really know what story I wanted to tell. Being inside due to Covid for such a long time really drains down your creativity, and while I could have told a story about that, I just didn't feel as though the look would match the story (plus I had already told this story about isolation so many times through other mediums like segments and PSA's for my tv class.). At one point I even considered going for a completely different style, following a more ghibli-inspired slice of life story, and I even came up with a tile, that being "Shroom Collector Poyo". While I won't be producing this story, I definitely will save this idea for later as I really like the tile and the visual look it could have.

One day, my friend and I were talking and venting about different problems we have had with disassociation and the such. We eventually got to talking about intrusive thoughts, which quickly popped an idea into my head about a story on extremely vivid intrusive thoughts and how someone could handle that.

This works out perfectly for the look that I want since these thoughts getting played out visually in someone's imagination gives endless possibilities for visual storytelling and trippy visuals. Not only that, I think it's an important topic to explore since the declining mental health of various young adults has most definitely increased the number of people who suffer from this.

Next blog post I will be going over what I plan to put in the 2:00 film opening.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Demon Guy!

 Alright so I talked about one of the characters from my film, now let's talk about the second very important character. This here is th...