spotifi

Let's see what I can do

 Alright, everyone, we made it. The big project we all were waiting for is finally here, and with that, I will be taking you on my adventurous journey throughout it. Over the course of the upcoming eight weeks, we are to produce an entire 2:00 film opening about any fictional story we want to create. This sounds like an incredibly underwhelming task to overcome, even more so when choosing to go alone like I'm doing, however, I could not be more excited as this is the exact type of project that I like to work on. At heart, I believe that creativity cannot and should not be rushed, so when we are given the opportunity to finally work on a long term project, this gets me completely revved up and excited. 


So then what are my plans? Where am I going with this? and what will be my thinking throughout these upcoming weeks?

Well to answer these questions, I would like to break down my creative process into three simple and not necessarily chronological steps. 


Ideation

Ideation consists of mainly gathering inspiration and references from different places and letting my brain form those concepts into new ideas. After all, nothing is truly original. If you are to ask any successful creative where their original ideas come from, they will never tell you ideas pop into their heads for no reason. Human minds are extremely effective at taking differing pieces of information around them and merging them into new thoughts, eventually forming what we all know as an idea. Due to this fact, during the creation of my Film opening, I will be making sure to constantly be consuming content related to what I want to create so that it ultimately stimulates and helps to form new and creative ideas in my head. After ideas are formed, I am able to document them(most likely here) to keep track of where I am and how the story I am creating is shaping out. 


Creation

Creation can be a broad topic, but it really just boils down to me creating some piece of media to get closer to my end goal. Creation will usually follow after Ideation, but it can sometimes help to breed new ideas itself. During creation, I will be sitting down usually for longer periods of time so that I am able to truly get in the zone and create as much as I can for that time. Lastly, creation is a very messy process, so I will most likely have a lot of rough drafts and scenes that still need to be worked out.


Finalization

Finalization mainly consists of cleanup. After working out a rough scene, draft, or script, I will most likely leave it and come back to it a day or two later with a fresh perspective. This allows me to review my creations from an objective and unbiased point of view so that I can make changes I'm sure will benefit the piece.


Closing Statements 

Lastly, I want to make one thing very clear. This opening will be in some form of 3d animated medium. I am a 3d artist and animator that has worked on short projects similar to these before, and I believe that my 8 weeks of taking on this project will be drastically different from the majority. I will be explaining why I am choosing to go this route and what it means for the future in my next blogpost, but for now, all I want to say is that I am thrilled for what these upcoming weeks hold and very eager to see how I can challenge and push myself to be even greater. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Demon Guy!

 Alright so I talked about one of the characters from my film, now let's talk about the second very important character. This here is th...